A hope for thousands of couples affected by infertility, IVF includes a set of procedures that assist in successful conception of a baby. An invasive procedure, it involves the implantation of embryo in the uterus after fertilization in a laboratory.
An advanced form of test tube baby procedure, IVF is known to be the most efficient procedure in Artificial Reproductive Technology (ART). IVF is usually used when other fertility treatments like medications or surgeries to treat the cause, do not help in a successful conception.
The IVF procedure consists of several steps, which includes inducing an ovulation, retrieval of egg, retrieval of sperm, artificial fertilization and embryo transfer. Ovulation induction needs to be done in women with irregularities in ovulation cycle this involves administration of hormones which leads to egg production.
Once the eggs are matured enough they are removed through various procedures, transvaginal egg aspiration being one of the commonly used. The sperm retrieval is either obtained through testicular aspiration or masturbation. The fertilisation of the egg by sperm is done artificially in a laboratory setting. After a period of 3 to 6 days, the embryo is implanted in the mother’s womb.
IVF has a high probability for multiple pregnancies as more than one embryo are transferred to the uterus to ensure successful conception.
Benefits of IVF
IVF is a trusted method of ART beneficial for treating the conditions of infertility as mentioned below.
- Fallopian tube blockage or damage in women, which hampers natural fertilization.
- Ovulation disorders which cause a shortage of eggs to be fertilized.
- Female reproductive system disorders like uterine fibroids, endometriosis and so on
- Infertility due to previous tubal ligation procedures.
- Sperm production irregularities
- Decreased sperm count or mobility issues.
- Genetic disorders that are at a risk of being passed down to the unborn child.
- As part of fertility preservation in cancer patients and so on.
Mathrutva, based in Bangalore, is a unit of Max Fertility Healthcare and offers advanced fertility treatment, not just for the successful conception of a pregnancy, but for the birth of a healthy child.
Visit Us : www.mathrutva.in
Mail Us : firstname.lastname@example.org